Our Medicare Supplement plans cover the growing costs that Original Medicare alone leaves you to pay. If the doctor takes Medicare, our plans let you choose who you want to see, wherever and whenever you want. You also don't need referrals to see specialists, unlike many Medicare Advantage plans.
These plans are available for enrollment effective dates that begin on or after January 1, 2014. For more details and information, please review the Outline of Coverage (.pdf).
Here are some other definitions to help you understand Medicare and Medicare Supplement benefits:
- Covered services
- the healthcare services and supplies for which your health plan(s) provides benefits.
- the amount you pay for healthcare before Original Medicare begins to pay.
- Cost shares
- the amount you pay, such as:
- a flat fee you pay at the time a service is rendered.
- your share of the fee for a service. If your plan's coinsurance share is 20%, you pay 20% of the allowable charge and your plan pays the other 80% (after you meet your deductible).
Plan form numbers: Plan A 021190 (06-2010), 021194 (06-2010); Plan N 021191 (06-2010), 021195 (06-2010); Plan F 021192 (06-2010), 021196 (06-2010); High Deductible Plan F 021193 (06-2010), 021197 (06-2010)